http://fortifiedfortresses.blogspot.com/

Thursday, December 22, 2011

An Off-Grid Passive Solar Cabin Design - Living Off The Grid

An Off-Grid Passive Solar Cabin Design - Living Off The Grid: In July 2010 I finally had the opportunity to pursue a dream of mine – to begin construction on an off-grid passive solar cabin that I designed and would build myself. It took me about 3 months of several weekends and evenings to rough in the entire structure and I spent the next 6 months working on the interior as I got free time.

For this article I would like to talk about the specifics of the building process and I have included a picture gallery below. Unfortunately, I didn’t know I was going to write a blog post on this at the time or I would have definitely taken a lot more pictures. Also, I did a “prequel” blog post on this passive solar cabin on www.livingasimplelife.com if you would like to read about the philosophy and inner workings on how I got to this point.

No comments: